I think that whatever you are going to do do it it with pride and that is basically what Epictetus says on number 35 which I think is were many problems start because people just don't do the things de frente but they hide it like if they were afraid of something and that is being a coward. Number 37 says " If you undertake some role beyond your capacity, you both disgrace yourself by taking it and also thereby neglect the role that you were unable to take." I interpreted this as being humble which is really a virtue that helps us a lot in life to learn to know ourselves and to know what each and every one of us is able to do and when to do it so you cant just get any job when you are not prepared for it and there's nothing wrong in admitting you cant with that specific job there's going to be a lot of other jobs which will fit perfectly for you.
lunes, 3 de marzo de 2008
Decisions For Fortune
The point he makes about fortune telling is totally right because and I have been impressed with this text because I have seen that even though it was written long time ago it still has to do with now a days it is applicable with things we see today in movies or in books. Its is unbelievable that even in these days many years after this was written people still believe in things like fortune tellers. On number 33 it talks about not trusting basically anyone and to not talk or laugh more than necessary I really don't believe it is applicable in these days because for those days the only ones who really had a word were the kings and queens and nobody else nut now a days everyone says everything they have in their mind no matter what and I like it that way its interesting and I think its a really useful way to be able to know about everything and the more you know about things the more cultured person you become.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
1 comentario:
de frente - to your/my/his face
Publicar un comentario