This story ended a little bit weird but after thinking about it I realized that it all rounded up to a single point. In this story Wes an alcoholic goes to live in a house far away to stay sober and live a better life and invites his wife to the house. Throughout the book we can see an evolution about Edna’s way of thinking. At first Edna is not sure she wants the old Wes back and their old way of living back but he as an alcoholic won’t do it.” I found myself wishing the summer wouldn’t end. I knew better, but after a month of being with Wes in Chef’s house, I put my wedding ring back on. I hadn’t worn the ring in two years. Not since the night Wes was drunk and threw his ring into a peach orchard.” (pg. 28) This is a clear example that she was happy again with his love.
At the end when Chef tells them they have to get out of the house and the think or are sacred that maybe everything is going to be over they kind of realize that good things don’t last forever but that they two do and that they can do everything together. “Wes got up and pulled the drapes and the ocean was gone just like that. I went to start supper. We still had some fish in the icebox. There wasn’t much else. We’ll clean it up tonight, I thought, and that will be the end of it.” (pg 33) This is how the book ends but you can feel how the story continues meaning that the house made them reconciliate and the story is about the house not about the couple that’s why it ends like inconclusive.
martes, 11 de marzo de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario