martes, 6 de mayo de 2008

For Good Or For Worse

This chapters were very interesting because I really can imagine what they are going through even though I think the language is a little bit sophisticated for me I can see how it was like. I get the feeling that this book is written with the purpose not to narrate a story but to express a point of view. Which probably in Voltaires time it wasnt acceptable. I was really impressed with the impact that power has even in those times and how religion distinguish people. I really cant understand Pangloss preachings about "how everything is for the best" I find it disturbing how Pangloss thinks because its really of reality it is very positive but its not the true or what you have to know in life to survive and be better. 


"For all this is a manifestation of the rightness of things, since if there is a volcano at Lisbon it could not be anywhere else. For it is impossible for things not to be where they are, because everything is for the best." (pg. 35) With this we are seeing how they thought and how wrong they were. 

No hay comentarios: